Sunday, March 3, 2013

Little Book of Hindu Deities by Sanjay Patel BOOK REVIEW!




Title: The Little Book Of Hindu Deities

Author: Sangay Patel

Published: Plume



During my Pagan studies I was given the task of studying the Gods and Goddesses of the world. I jumped right into this task by going to library and bringing home an arm full of books most of which you will not hear about but I already had this one on my shelf. I started to read this one right away and I knew that I was going to love it from the moment I set eyes on it a year ago in the book store.
The book is meant for children so it's easy to read and VERY easy to learn from it also has very cute pictures in it which drew me to the book in the first place. The pictures are so darn cute that I wish I had a poster of them so I could put them up on my walls.
The books starts it's lesson with the God Ganesha and with each new page is a different God or Goddess. The book even tells you about the Animal Gods and tells you why they are worshiped. Haven't you ever wondered why Indian people never eat beef? Well this book will tell you why and it also talks about the planets. I will say that if you are looking for a quick read that will teach you something new then FIND THIS BOOK!



Rating:






Some of the cute pictures inside!






















                                                                       ~   ~   ~

No comments:

Post a Comment