Thursday, April 18, 2013

World Book Night 2013!

It's that time of year again for World Book Night. I signed up for it two months ago and I was selected as a book giver this year. I went and picked up my box of books from our local community college and they gave me my books with no problem and they even threw in a little gift bag that included two bottles of water which husband and I drank as soon as we got to the car. Last year we had pick up problems when we got them from a college out of town they treated me like I was criminal.
Anyways I was selected to hand out copies of The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood and I believe that I will hand out a few copies when we go to the laundry mat tonight to do clothes. I saw a lot of people reading books while they were there last time so those I would think would be interested in having a copy maybe. I remember last year people were staring at us with our stack of books then when we asked if they wanted one they shook their heads and ran away like we were handing out the plague. Which is sad because if anyone said would you like to have a free book and hold the book out to me I would jump all over that. People these days don't like to read and that is sad more people should read books! One example of this is that I am getting tired of having to tell people that True Blood is based off the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris because I have a True Blood post that is signed by Charlaine Harris and people get confused by it all the time. SO ANNOYING! I just want to yell that if they would open a book once in a while then they will quickly see that most popular TV shows and movies are based off books. END OF RANT! Below are some pictures of my World Book Night package.
If you are interested in doing this next year then check out their website at www.worldbooknight.org  and find out how you can get signed up to hand out books to people on World Book Night!














 

No comments:

Post a Comment