Monday, September 30, 2013

Lord Of Swords by Ann Lawrence BOOK REVIEW!!!







Title: Lord of Swords

Author: Ann Lawrence

Published: Self Published


Ann Lawrence was nice enough to give me an early copy of this book for review. Ann this is for you :) I hope you like my review!

She went to the stone circle to watch the druids. As she drew her horse to a halt in front of the stones she could instantly feel the energy coming from the stones. The druids usually show up on a night with a full moon such as this night. What she saw though wasn't what she was expecting.
A man was walking toward the circle, but it was clear by the way he was dressed that he was not a druid and he was alone. As he gets closer she hides in hopes that she will not be seen by this strange man.

Guy de Maci has traveled a long way in the hopes of finding some evidence of his son who has gone missing. So far with no luck at finding him Guy has followed the clues left behind to Stonewold. He know that he must look like a simple man just looking for a job in order to investigate the area including the dungeons. Guy stops at the circle to rest and hide some valuable things that might give away the fact that he is a knight. Guy is risking a lot by abandoning his duties as a knight and against the Kings rules. He never thought that Lady Joia would be watching him from the shadows.

Lady Joia is being forced to marry a man she doesn't love. Being forced to marry a cruel man just for land and protection for her father's castle and heir to the throne, her younger brother Crispin. Her father wouldn't be so worried if her older brother wasn't killed in a recent battle. The body was unrecognizable but their hearts hurt for him. To make matters even stranger Joia is falling for Crispin's new bodyguard Guy de Maci. No one in the town of Stonewold realizes that all the answers to their problems is right under their nose.

Guy is in with the King of Stonewold and has become a bodyguard for the kings youngest son Crispin. Guy loves watching Cris but he must never lose sight of the what he is there for. Find his son and leave. He has to be alive because Guy would know if he was killed....wouldn't he??? He has to be at Stonewold everything is leading to Stonewold. guy can feel himself getting closer to answers, but once he gets them will they be the answer he wants?
Guy is there for his son only! Why is it so hard for him to remember that? His motives become cloudier as he starts to fall for Lady Joia. He is so close....yet so far.


Rating:







Thoughts I loved this book a lot more than I thought I would. I love knights so much and this time period I just eat up! I will gladly admit that this book kept me on the edge of my seat with it's multiple plots and I completely satisfied with how it ended. I would have given it 5 stars but I figured out a key point in the plot before it was made known so I only gave it 4 stars. Ann Lawrence did a good job! I would recommend this book for anyone who likes the Medieval time period and of course sexy Knights!




QUOTES FROM THE BOOK:
" You have left me with no weapons. I surrender all to you."

" If you act against your better judgment, you may not pay for it now, but you will pay for it later."


No comments:

Post a Comment