Sunday, December 29, 2013

End Of 2013 Book Survey!

I have seen about 6 different blogs that have done this survey and I loved the questions so I figured I would do the survey as well! Hope you enjoy!

1. Best book you read in 2013?
Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck

2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love more but didn't?
Beowulf : I was so excited to read this book and have been holding off for quite some time but when I actually read it I thought it was just a bunch of jumbled chatter and left a lot unsaid which was sad.

3. Most surprising (in a good way) book of 2013?
What Do You Want To Do Before You Die by The Buried Life : Love love LOVED this book!

4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people the most in 2013?
Wake by Amanda Hocking

5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
The Daughter Of The Forest series by Juliet Marillier

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013? 
Tammara Webber

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne Valente : This book was in the Western section at the library and I loved it!

8. Most thrilling unputdownable book in 2013?
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

9. Book you read in 2013, that you are most likely to re-read next year? 
the Little Book Of Hindu Deities by Sanjay Patel  : This book was a gift from Skeletor last year and I love how cute the pictures are and also you learn while looking at the cuteness.


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare: I love all her covers for her books but the Infernal Devices series are by far my favorite!


11. Most memorable character from a book read in 2013?
Lucas from Easy by Tammara Webber : like anyone can forget the hottness!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho : I can't believe I waited this long to read this lovely book.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho & What Do You Want To Do Before You Die by The Buried Life

14. Book that you can't believe you waited until 2013 to read?
Scott Pilgrim series by Bryan Lee O'Malley

15. What is your favorite quote from a book you read in 2013?
"Each day, in itself, brings with it an eternity" - The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

16. What is your shortest and longest books you read in 2013?
Shortes: My Brother's Book by Maurice Sendak
Longest: Daughter Of The Forest by Juliet Marillier

17. book that had a scene in it that had you reeling and dying to talk to somebody about it?
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare : I almost ruined the story for a friend because I wanted to talk about it so badly.

18. Favorite relationship from a book you read in 2013?
Will Herondale and Tessa Gray from Clockwork Princess : I have been waiting for those two to get together and I was so happy when they finally did!

19. Favorite book you read in 2013 from an author you've read previously? 
  Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

20. Best book you read in 2013 based soley on a recommendation from somebody else? 
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card


21. Genre you read most in 2013?
Manga!


22. Newest fictional book crush from a book you read in 2013?
Peter Parker from Mary Jane by Judith O'Brien


23. Best 2013 debut you read?
What Do You Want To Do Before You Die by The Buried Life


24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013? 
Italy from Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter


25. Book that was the most fun to read in 2013?
Scott Pilgrim!


26. Book that made you cry/almost cry in 2013? 
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare : I did cry :(


27. Book you read in 2013 that you think got overlooked this year or when it came out? 
The Search For Artemis by P.D. Griffith  : This book wasn't bad.


28. One book you didn't get to in 2013, but will be your number one priority in 2014?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell  &
Dark Witch by Nora Roberts

29. Book you are most anticipating in 2014 (non-debut)? 
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell


30. Which 2014 debut are you most anticipating? 
Breakable by Tammara Webber &
Stolen Songbird by Danielle I. Jensen

31. A series ending you are most anticipating in 2014?
The Watersong series by Amanda Hocking

I actually made my reading goal this year on Goodreads and I hope that next year will be even better! 




No comments:

Post a Comment