Friday, March 7, 2014

Skeletor Reviews! Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout


                                                         Amazon ** Barnes&Noble
                                                         



Title: Bitter Sweet Love

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Published: Harlequin Teen


I am always on the look out for a interesting new premise that will steer away from the typical vampire, wereanimal, and zombie genre that is currently taking over YA and adult fiction alike. So imagine my surprise when I stumbled across Jennifer Armentrout's new series The Dark Elements and finding out that the world and main characters were all about Gargoyle mythology. So naturally I downloaded the free novella to my kindle to give this new world a try.
Jasmine has all but given up on ever seeing Dez again, ever since he up and left three years ago when her father announced that they were to be mated. With so few female wardens, aka gargoyles, a unmated female like Jas was a assist to the dwindling numbers. When Dez reenters Jas's world, she doesn't know what to think or feel, especially when Dez declares his intent to honor her fathers request and become her mate. Jas has seven days to make her decision and Daz is going to to everything in his power to make her see his feeling are genuine and he never meant to leave and hurt her.


Rating:





Thoughts: Bitter Sweet Love is a prequel novella, but unlike most prequels it gives you a view of the world not from the main characters of the new series but of minor characters to give you a taste of what the world will be like. I love the world building, seeing gargoyles modernized and fighting to save the world from demons is awesome. My only dislike would be that the story is really heavy in the romance and not enough on the world building, but I think that is primarily because this is the novella prequel. I hope the first book ( which is next on my TBR ) is not as heavy handed with the romance and has more of the wardens and the world in which they encompass. Overall I am really looking forward to this series and reading about something so intriguingly different.



No comments:

Post a Comment