Friday, March 7, 2014

Skeletor Reviews! White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: White Hot Kiss

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Published: Harlequin Teen

                                                         Want to Buy This Book? 
                                                        Amazon ** Barns&Noble


After reading Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer Armentrout I was very intrigued by the world she was building with the Wardens and the Demons. I mean who wouldn't want to read a YA paranormal series about Gargoyles defending the world from demons. Picking up White Hot Kiss I was really hoping that we would get less of the fluffy romance we say in the novella and more of the world building and action of the Wardens that I was hoping the series would build the world on and I have to say the author certainly delivered.

Layla is the only anomaly in Wardens world, she is half demon and half warden. Being a 17 year old mix breed is hard enough with out finding out that you may be the daughter of the mother of all evil. Laylas world is turned upside down when she meets Roth, an upper level demon who totally rocks her world view on what demons are really like. Layla has the hots for her warden friend Zayne and now she has a building attraction to Roth and with the apocalypse looming in the background that will ultimately start because of her, life couldn't possibly get more complicated could it?

Rating:





Thoughts: I have to start by saying this was the story idea I thought I would be getting when I read the novella and was kind of put off because it was too romantically fluffy. I devoured this book up, It was exactly what I was looking forward to reading. It was refreshing to have a out of the norm species for current YA trends, I loved the Gargoyle Demon aspect. It was fresh and action pact, I am extremely excited for the next book. Jennifer Armentrout found just the right mix of mythology, action and romance.



No comments:

Post a Comment