Thursday, June 5, 2014

Skeletor Reviews! To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han!



                                                 Kindle ** Hardcover ** Barnes&Noble   
                                                            
                                                   


Title: To All The Boys I've Loved Before

Author: Jenny Han

Published: Simon & Schuster


Laura Jean has been in love a total of 5 times her entire life, but the boys she was
in love with never knew until now. Each time Laura fell in love she would write a goodbye love
letter to the boy and place it in her most beloved hatbox that her mother gave her. Laura is too
shy to ever let the boys know she has feelings for them, especially when one of those boys is
your sisters ex. All that changes when her letters get "accidentally" sent and now she has to
deal with her emotions and all the boys she's ever loved.


Rating:






Thoughts: I have seen rave reviews around the blog-o-sphere about how good this book is, so
when I saw it on amazon for $2.99 I decided to find out for myself. I thought the book was funny
at times, Laura Jean is totally introverted and quirky. I just felt this book was missing that extra
something, it lacked heart. The premise was funny and Laura Jeans embarrassments and
lack of social aptitude were funny but I just thought the "love" portion of it was lacking. Also the
ending was just so blah, I think it's going to be a series, but even still this wasn't a ending it just
stopped and that's the worst kind of ending in my opinion. Over all I would have given it 4 stars
had there been a resolution of some kind but with the current ending I give it 3 stars.





No comments:

Post a Comment