Friday, February 27, 2015

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne Manga Classics Edition MINI BOOK REVIEW!



                                                            Amazon ** Barnes&Noble

Title: The Scarlet Letter : Manga Classics Edition

Author: Nathaniel Hawthorne

Published: Diamond Book Distributors


I am not going to go into details about the plot since I plan to read the original story in the future but I will let you know how I felt about this edition of the story.



Rating:






Thoughts: I went into this just know a bit about the plot because I have never read any version of this story. I was surprised at how great the story was and I almost found it to be a bit romantic in a way. Hester was so brave and took her punishment with a sense of pride that you rarely saw in this time in American history. The artwork was also very well done and I was able to get the emotions of each of the characters without all the words describing how they felt. This manga will capture your heart even if you have already read the story I would give this a try! Love ,Love ,LOVE this edition!















1 comment:

  1. It's a great classic this one, but I am a bit reluctant for the manga version! There are some other great classics in this series like Pride and Prejudice and Les Miserables, so I'm thinking about giving it a shot too!

    ReplyDelete